Hoover City Schools
Learning for Life
- Hoover City Schools
- C&I News
Alabama First-Class Pre-K Comes to Hoover
PRE-REGISTRATION DETAILS: HCS 2019-2020 PRE-K PROGRAM
19 June 2019
(HCS) - Alabama’s nationally-recognized First Class Pre-K Program has come to Hoover. Pre-K pre-registration for the 2019-2020 School Year begins today (June 19, 2019) and runs through July 5, 2019.
- Enrollment is open to all children four years of age on or before 9/2/19 who are residents of the city of Hoover (children eligible for kindergarten are ineligible for Pre-K)
- Enrollees must provide copy of child’s birth certificate (may be uploaded into the online pre-registration site or submitted directly to local school/program)
- Enrollees must provide proof of residence – either a current utility bill or copy of a lease or mortgage (may be uploaded into online pre-registration site or submitted directly to local school/program)
- HCS Zoning Requirements: must live in the city of Hoover; Pre-K program must be located in your middle-school feeder pattern. HCS Jefferson County Pre-K Classrooms: Green Valley ES, Gwin ES, Rocky Ridge ES, and South Shades Crest ES. HCS Shelby County Pre-K Classroom: Greystone ES.
- Pre-K school hours: 7:30a-2:15p
- Upon enrollment, child’s immunization record must be provided
- No child will be denied participation on basis of income, sex, race, color, national origin, or disability
- Additional details coming soon
Program acceptance will be determined through a random drawing in the coming weeks. Parent/custodial parent does not have to be present; drawing date to-be-determined and will be publicized in future correspondences.
To begin the process, please visit https://alprek.asapconnected.com and complete the Pre-Registration Form, submit birth certificate and proof of residence. Visit www.children.alabama.gov for more information on Alabama’s highly-lauded First Class Pre-K Program.
Download a Pre-K PDF